Cooper-Wheelock Fire Alarm Systems in Davie, Miami Beach, Sunny Isles Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, FL, plus Broward, Palm Beach & Miami Dade Counties
For nearly a century, Cooper Notification’s Wheelock name has stood for innovation, service and expertise in fire, life safety and mass notification. Backed by global manufacturer Cooper Industries, Cooper Notification has built Wheelock to be a trusted brand with proven experience to notify and save lives. Cooper-Wheelock is the industry’s first, patented technology for the largest range of audible and visual notification appliances including horns and strobes. The innovative product solutions provide exceptional value and outstanding service.
Warning notification and instructions for occupants are essential in different situations such as fire escape instructions vs stay-in-place instructions for strong storms or active danger. Fire Alarm Systems and Security has installed many Cooper-Wheelock systems throughout Davie, Miami Beach, Sunny Isles Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, FL, plus Broward, Palm Beach & Miami Dade Counties.
The Exceder Series by Cooper Wheelock
The Wheelock Exceder Series expands to include the industry’s first LED notification appliances in one of the smallest, most compact single-gang designs in the world.
- LED technology provides the industry’s lowest current draw that allows for energy savings of 52%. Ideal for Green Buildings, it incorporates a best-in-class efficiency that provides material and system cost savings.
- Minimizing current draw allows for a greater number of appliances on the NAC and fewer power supplies.
- About the size of a cell phone, Wheelock Exceder LED strobes and horns feature one of the industry’s smallest footprints with a sleek, modern low-profile design.
- Streamlined installation including lowest current draw, a wide range of candela settings, single-gang design, no tools needed for setting changes, and four convenient mounting options.
- Suitable for indoor wall-mount applications.
- Synchronization standards installation for Exceder LED Strobes and Horn Strobes can be met when used in conjunction with the Wheelock DSM Sync Modules, Wheelock Power Supplies, and SAFEPATH family of products or other manufacturers’ panels incorporating the Wheelock Patented Sync Protocol.
Innovative Mass Communication
- In 1993 the Series MT (Multi-tone) was introduced featuring eight different tones including Continuous Horn, Code-3 Horn, March Time Horn, Code-3 Tone, Siren, Slow Whoop, Hi-Lo, and Bell. Some MT strobe bodies are still being produced to this day.
- In 1995, Wheelock introduced the AS, a combination horn and strobe.
- In 1998, Wheelock released the NS series with the strobe above the horn horizontally. The NS is similar to the AS with a sleeker design
- The RSS strobe replaced the vertical LSM strobe series since a horizontal strobe allows for greater coverage. Wheelock also introduced the RSSP, a retrofit plate that allows many fire alarm control panels to be compatible with Cooper Wheelock’s line of notification appliances and other products.
- In 2008, Wheelock introduced the ZNS and the ZRS horn/strobes and remote strobes. The ZNS and ZRS sound the same as the NS and have the same circuitry.
- As of March 31, 2010, previous products have been replaced by the Exceder series. The AS series is still being produced for outdoor applications.
- In 2013, Wheelock updated their Exceder LED series by introducing the industry’s first LED notification appliances.
All Wheelock products are UL listed
Since 1996 Telcom & Data has been designing solutions for organizations to improve safety, security, and communications through Wheelock Emergency Notification products and solutions.
- Military bases
- Government buildings
- School campuses
- Transportation hubs
- Sports arenas